Capitol Records Nashville recording artist and newest Grand Ole Opry member, Darius Rucker will release his third country studio album, True Believers, on January 22, 2013. Darius wrote ten of the twelve tracks on True Believers including the title track and debut single which is currently Top 20 and climbing.
“For this album, we really paid attention to what our friends and fans were telling us on the road,” shares Rucker. “The result is an album that I’m so proud of because my fans really have been the true believers since I released my first single to country radio. I can’t wait for everyone to hear it on January 22nd.”
Rucker’s first two country albums, Learn To Live and Charleston, SC 1966 both topped the Billboard Country album chart and produced five No. 1 singles including “Come Back Song,” “This,” “Alright,” “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” and “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It.”
True Believers Track Listing:
1. True Believers (Darius Rucker, Josh Kear)
2. Miss You (Darius Rucker, Frank Rogers)
3. Wagon Wheel (Bob Dylan, Jay Secor)
4. Love Without You (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally)
5. Radio (Darius Rucker, Luke Laird, Ashley Gorley)
6. Lost In You (Darius Rucker, Mark Nesler, Phillip White)
7. I Will Love You Still (Darius Rucker, Josh Kear)
8. Take Me Home (Darius Rucker, Frank Rogers, Monty Criswell)
9. Shine (Darius Rucker, Frank Rogers)
10. Heartbreak Road (Darius Rucker, Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins)
11. Leavin’ The Light On (Darius Rucker, David Lee Murphy, Phil O’Donnell)/span>
12. Lie To Me (Darius Rucker, Rodney Clawson, Bob DiPiero.
The album was produced by Frank Rogers (Learn To Live and Charleston, SC 1969).
On Tuesday (October 30th), Darius invited special guests to preview his new album, True Believers, during a performance at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. He was joined by several of the writers on the project.
“I have learned that the heart and soul of country music is the songwriters,” Darius said before thanking the contributors on the album.
Rucker is currently nominated for Musical Event of the Year at this year’s 46th Annual CMA Awards for his performance of “Stuck on You” with Lionel Richie. In 2009 he was named New Artist of the Year at the CMA Awards. Most recently, Rucker achieved a personal goal and childhood dream when he was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry becoming the newest member on October 16, 2012.